Thứ Ba, 26 tháng 4, 2011

is rooting a phone illegal?

is rooting a phone illegal?

i want to get an htc hero. but everyone complains that they dont have enough room for apps and everything on the phone. theres only 512MB space and after the OS is installed theres about 100 left. i know that i can root it to make it save apps to the memory card and other cool stuff. but is there anything saying i cant do this? or making it illegal? because its my phone so i dont c y i cant do it. but idk and want to check before i do. what will happen if i do and is there anything terrible about it that i should know first?

Answer by Muerto Mujados
Show me how to do that!

Answer by gruss gott
If it is illegal how could they catch you?

Answer by like such as
…Illegal? It’s your phone. You can do whatever you want with it. It’s no more illegal than if you break it with a hammer.

The conundrum is that rooting, much like hitting your phone with a hammer, is perilous. You can produce irreparable hurt to your phone, and it would void the warranty that you’d have when you bought it. So while it isn’t illegal, it is enough to void your warranty, making it risky.

I have an HTC hero, by the way. I haven’t rooted mine, and I haven’t run out of room with my apps. I just make sure I download only the apps that I really want, and it’s no conundrum.

What do you reckon? Answer below!

2010 10 24 – 0061 – Washington DC – 930 Club – Four Tet
memory htc hero

Image by thisisbossi
I had called the 9:30 Club earlier and could’ve sworn I’d been told SLR cameras were permitted, but perhaps I misheard what may have really been that they were *not* permitted. I hadn’t yet went my new SD4000 into my backup kit… which meant that with my A650 now deceased: I didn’t *have* a backup kit. So my new cameraphone became backup… for better in the sense of preserving memories; for worse in the sense of getting any quality photos.

2GB microSD memory for HTC Hero Phone

  • Item Condition : Factory Brand New
  • Manufacturer : Kingston
  • Description : 2GB microSD Sparkle Card
  • Manufacturer Item Code : SDC/2GB
  • Warranty : Manufacturer Lifetime Warranty

2GB microSD memory for HTC Hero Phone

Price: $ 4.72

More info on enhancement of this rom here, htcpedia.com
Video Rating: 3 / 5


Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét