Thứ Sáu, 3 tháng 6, 2011

Can you sync old text messages from an iphone to a new iphone?

Can you sync old text messages from an iphone to a new iphone?

I currently have the iPhone 3g, and I’m plotting on upgrading to the 3gs soon. The only conundrum is, I want to be able to keep all of my ancient texts from the 3g. Is there ny way to somehow sync the texts to the 3gs?

When I backup the 3g to my iTunes, does it save the texts as well?

Answer by Jon B
When you backup your phone, it will only copy the messages if you do a software upgrade on the same device. Messages will not be saved on iTunes and transferred to your new phone, unfortunately.

Answer by my-iGuru.com
If you perform a full backup before upgrading to the new iPhone all of your text messages will be saved.

Ensure you are running both the latest version of iTune and the iPhone OS.

To perform the backup plug your iPhone into your computer and let it sync.

Under the devices tab in the left menu you will see your iPhone. Right click on the iPhone and there will be an option to perform a backup. Select this option to perform a complete back up.

When you plug your new iPhone in you will have the option to restore from the latest backup. Select this option.

Once complete your iPhone will be resotred with all your ancient data.

Answer by Kelly H
You’ll want to make a backup of your 3G in iTunes. To do that, right click on the phone under “Devices” on the left-hand side of the iTunes window, then click “Back Up”.

If your new 3GS and ancient 3G run the same version of the iPhone OS, then you’ll be able to restore your 3GS using your 3G backup you just made, which should restore all of your text messages onto the new phone.

If that doesn’t work for you, you can always go another route and get a tool that can read your backup files if you need to see your ancient texts. I use one called Work out TextMessage.

Answer by Kevin
maybe you can try PC Suite for iPhone, if you’ve jailbroken your iPhone already, anyway here is the free PC Suite for iPhone offical website you can get it for free check it out http://forum.pandaapp.com/

Answer by Iphone Unlocksoft
Not to be facetious, but you can obviously transfer SMS to your computer by backing up the iPhone. But, what a lot of public don’t know is that you can use iPhone Backup Extractor to open the backup and get to the SMS part of the backup. You can then use SQLite Database Browser to view the SMS’s.

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=4974

What do you reckon? Answer below!

iPhone photo – 52/365 – self likeness with fish
iphone

Image by alexkess
Shot and edited on my Iphone, with Tiltshift Gen, MillColour and BestCam.

I am posting a new iphone photo every day for 1 year. Make sure you check out the whole set here:

iPhone365

You can also find me on redbubble and twitter.

Cheers,

Alex (alexkess.com)

I want to use my iPhone earbuds to make phone calls through my mainframe (particularly through Skype). I need a splitter that allows them to plug in to the headphone (out) and microphone (in) ports. What is this splitter called and where can I buy one?

Answer by John H.
I’m sorry to be the barrier of terrible news but you can’t. The iPhone headphones are 3 ringed and nobody has calculated a tear one as a mic out and one a speaker.

They were particularly calculated for the iPhone and probably never to be one made. I like them for myself but it sure would be nice to record talks with them sometimes.

Hope I’ve helped.
- John.

Know better? Place your own answer in the comments!
News: PhoneSuit intros Elite Battery Case for iPhone 4
PhoneSuit has introduced its new Elite Battery Case for the iPhone 4. Compatible with both GSM and CDMA models, PhoneSuit claims the Elite is the "thinnest, fastest charging iPhone 4 battery case which can provide over 100% power," thanks to a 2,100mAh lithium-ion polymer battery, 1 Amp output, and a design that measures 17mm thick. Additional features include a five-point LED battery meter, a pass …
Read more on iLounge

Check out the site! tysiphonehelp.com Jailbreak tinyurl.com NOTE: If you do this, DO NOT install winterboard, its not working well yet. Subscribe to my new direct! youtube.com Follow me on Twitter: twitter.com
Record Rating: 4 / 5


Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét