Chủ Nhật, 29 tháng 5, 2011

I tripped balls on weed. Are these normal effects when smoking weed?

I tripped balls on weed. Are these normal effects when smoking weed?

If you’re just going to say “Don’t smoke.” Then DON’T ANSWER. Public who smoke especially, please help me out here?

I’m 15, female, and I’ve been smoking since early summer. I’ve smoked maybe once or twice a month, maybe more some months. I’m also like a hardcore lightweight. :/

The first time I really really smoked, me and a friend smoked one joint. I seriously tripped balls, no joke. My memory was about a second long. I had to keep remembering where I was, who I was with, what happened, etc. I remember sitting there, and it was like I was going through a slide show. I only remember part of it though. For example, I remember my vision was like flying through the top of a detailed blue and purple pyramid, then into another picture. The last business I remember was everything apt white and seeing a grey thread in the middle. A zipper went across the thread and everything was gone; nonexistent. I judge I had passed out at that point. While I was tripping, I had convinced for myself that I was any going crazy or dying. I tried to tell for myself to just sleep, and it will go away, but when I tried to sleep, the hallucinations got simple and I thought I was dying, so I became worried. Basically, the pictures went from very deep and detailed images, to very simple and basic ones. I was very paranoid throughout this. I didn’t expect it, and I was kinda nervous before smoking. It is possible that the weed was laced with acid, as I know the friend has acid and has used it before. The weed is also very high quality though, so I’m not too sure what caused this. What a crazy first experience…

But when I smoke now, I feel nothing at all at first. I feel like my normal self. Then after about ten – fifteen minutes, it hits me like a ton of bricks. I have to realize all over again what I did and why I’m like that. I don’t know when public talk, and I feel as though I can’t respond. I feel like public are staring at me, and if they’re talking to me, I get nervous. Sometimes I giggle a small. I basically feel like I’m trapped inside my head. Sometimes I start shaking a small, or I start like shaking my leg pretty hard, but I don’t even know it. I look down and reckon I’m shaking really terrible and stop cause I get kinda nervous/excited. I’m not paranoid though. I don’t worry, I’m not frightened. Am I just smoking too much? I don’t have visions. I still don’t smoke too too often, only a few times a month. Is this normal? Also, I’m stoned for about 2 hours usually, and when I’m coming down from it, I feel AMAZING. That’s the best part to me. I like it. I reckon about life, and it’s like orgasmic lol. I’m in a very uplifted pleased mood, and I’m all about the deep convos. I like life, I like who I am. I wish I was like this the whole time I was high, I’d be the most pleased kid ever.

But anyways, are these effects normal for the most part? Should I just smoke less? I don’t want to stop smoking :/ I like smoking weed. Thanks in advance.
Thanks for the helpful answers so far! :)
Dude I’m familiar with salvia! Haha. It was weed, I’m sure. Salvia hits you instantly for about 5-10 minutes. It took a while to hit me, and I was gone for about 2-3 hours. Also, our 2 friends upstairs came down cause they smelled weed. It wasn’t salvia :) But thank you!

Answer by Kierra
well i smoke weed all the time pretty much everyday haha and yea sometimes you feel pretty fricken baked lol.. but im pretty sure persons are all normal effects.. ive done E and Shrooms before so there nothing like weed therefore im sure its just you life really baked or you bought some excellent weed :)

Answer by Michelle ツ
The first experience.. beyond doubt far from normal. I’ve been smoking since I was 13, I’m 17 now and I’ve never experienced ANYTHING like that.

The second one though, really normal. At least I reckon so, I get that way too. Not every time, but every once in a while.

Answer by val pal
don’t smoke…lol just kiddin. well in know that you lose concentration and stuff but i dont reckon your supposed to have visions. what are you smoking? that all i can help you with. and it may be normal for you idk sorry i couldnt help more

Answer by StillStanding
There isn’t a excellent parent out there who when reading your question would not answer and say this.

First of all Its illegal so if you delight in smoking so much consider the chance you may have to quit while your in jail.

secondly your body is still growing and since the effects have not been considered as to what effects this may have on future children you may want to have (you only get one set of eggs in your life and you have them now).

QUIT SMOKING DRUGS ARE FOR LOSERS!

Answer by Mercedes (sЦsРеПDеD)
The first time doesn’t sound normal. It probably was laced with acid or something.

Know better? Place your own answer in the comments!

Provisional Head of Navigation of Wolf Waterway, near Canaan, Mississippi
hit pyramid

Image by Greenway Guide
photo by Ray Skinner

This is in the high part of the Holly Springs National Forest in Benton County, Mississippi. The waterway flows north from there into West Tennessee’s Fayette County and into Memphis, where it spills into the Mississippi.

Here is my account of this canoe trip, published in Oxford Town and the the Wolf Waterway Conservancy’s newsletter in the summer of 1998.

A Waterway Creeps Through It

by Gary Bridgman

OT editor’s note: On May 1, 1998, Ole Miss graduate student, William "Fitz" FitzGerald, became the first person in recorded history to travel the entire length of the Wolf Waterway. Wolf Waterway Conservancy board member and Oxford, MS, resident, Gary Bridgman, became the second person to do this…about three seconds later (he was in the back of the canoe), as the two completed the "Wolf Waterway Survey." Gary and Fitz hiked and paddled from Baker’s Pond to the foot of Union Avenue to help raise awareness about the waterway as a whole. Sponsors built-in the Wolf Waterway Conservancy, Outdoors Inc., Ghost Waterway Canoe Rentals, and BellSouth Mobility. What follows is Gary’s rather unscientific, non-in order account of the trip.

There’s a distinction between life drunk on a waterway and life drunk with a waterway. One does not need alcohol or drugs to have mind altering (or life changing) experiences in a canoe. Quick moving streams like the Nantahala and the Ocoee are what I call "adrenaline rivers," while the Wolf is an "endorphin waterway." It offers canoeists a priceless glimpse of what all additional rivers’ headwaters in this region looked like before the Corps of Engineers channelized them.

William Faulkner described such swampy, untamed rivers as "the thick, slow, black, unsunned streams nearly without current, which once each year stopped to flow at all and then reversed, spreading, drowning the rich land and subsiding again, leaving it still richer." They are intoxicating, to say the least.

The Wolf Waterway is teeming with flora and fauna and wetland vegetation, but my favorite part about our recent "expedition" was not its biodiversity, but its psychodiversity: all the fascinating public I met in the process — fascinating public like the two cops who nearly busted us for vagrancy.

"Excellent Cop/Terrible Cop"
Memphis, May 1, 8 miles from the Mississippi Waterway: "Hey! Get up! MPD!" shouts a Memphis police officer.

William FitzGerald ("Fitz") and I are stumbling out of the tent into the glare of their Mag-Lites, my left leg is still tangled in my sleeping bag.

"What are you doing here?" the additional officer calmly questions.

It’s 3 a.m. We are camped illegally in a city park located on the Wolf, having built an equally illegal campfire. I’ve clarified that we aren’t vagrants and that there is a canoe hidden in the tall grass over there and that we’re paddling the entire length of this waterway on behalf of the Wolf Waterway Conservancy.

Now the policemen are more relaxed. They’re even charitable me pointers on how to delay life raped or murdered in case some of the community toughs come by. (It didn’t look like a rough locality from the waterway.)

We had been at it for six days by the time the police woke us up in Kennedy Park: hiking and paddling (and wading) some 90 miles by that point. Just a few more miles to go to reach the Mississippi Waterway . . . .

"Thirteen Weeks Earlier"

Moscow, Tenn., January 24: The whole business started when my friend Chris Stahl, who runs a canoe rental service on the Wolf Waterway, questioned me how he may maybe attract more public to the waterway. "Canoe the whole business in one lick, man," I said, not very usefully.

Chris was asking me for thoughts about well loved day trips for families and church groups, not about some kind of pilgrimage out of the heart of darkness into the middle of industrial North Memphis. There were remote sections of that waterway no one had navigated in decades — too shallow, too narrow, too overgrown, too full of fallen trees. We may maybe count on crawling out of the canoe to lift it over logs several hundred times in the process.

Chris liked my thinking anyhow, but business commitments and common sense kept him on the shore for most of the trip. So I enlisted Fitz to make the trip with me instead. From January onward, one or both of us spent near every weekend scouting different sections of the waterway and meeting distinctive public.

Walnut, Miss., February 8: "You can place this in the Bible if you want to, but I like snakes more than I like most public," said one man we met while scouting a swamp. "You can trust a cottonmouth; all you have to do is know how his mind works." He viewed our "Public’s Republic of Oxford" Lafayette County license tags with suspicion, wondering if we were more "dope smoking a__holes" trespassing on his land, but we’ve since developed an fascinating friendship.

"Gary, so far I reckon you’re a decent person, but if you ever cross me, I can give away one of my motorcycles to someone in Memphis who’ll do anything to you that I question!" Fantastic. I gave up life a Republican for this?

"The Trip Starts"

Baker’s Pond, Holly Springs National Forest, April 25, 98 miles from the Mississippi Waterway: We had to hike around and wade through 18 miles of swampy bottomland this first day of the actual trip. (Our canoes were coming up for us downstream).

When we scrambled up to the first dirt road that crossed the Wolf, a nice lady in curlers skidded her ancient pickup truck to a halt beside us. "Are y’all the canoe public?" she questioned with a disbelieving smile. We were now 30 seconds into our 15 minutes of fame.

Canaan, Mississippi, April 26, 80 miles from the Mississippi Waterway: This was the toughest day of canoeing in my small life. Fitz and I were joined by Ray Skinner (pictured above) and Bill Lawrence, who is something of a Yoda or Ben Kenobe map in the uppermost Wolf and an invaluable guide to us for this section. We pulled our gear-heavy canoe out of the shallow water and over fallen trees nearly every 150 feet of waterway direct. We only made five miles that day. It rained its butt off that night, which was excellent. Come Hell or high water, I’ll take the latter.

"More Cops, Three Mayors, and a Waitress"

LaGrange, Tenn., April 27, 60 miles from the Mississippi Waterway: I was driven up to town from the waterway bottom by a Fayette County sheriff’s deputy at the end of a long, but very productive day — triple the mileage of the day before. The deputy had been dispatched at the request of Mayor John Huffman of nearby Piperton, Tennessee.

John, who is also the president of the Wolf Waterway Conservancy, was having a lot of fun keeping track of us via walkie-talkies. Here’s an excerpt from and e-mail he copied to dozens of public two hours later: "Who want to bet that this was the only time in young Bridgman’s life that he was pleased to find out that the Law was looking for him? With the lightning and heavy rain present in Fayette County, they are no doubt thinking about how it might of been if they had not made it to LaGrange and been forced to camp along the waterway."

Really — at that very moment — I was thinking about pouring another glass of cabernet while that massive thunderstorm was making the lights flicker. Fitz and I were holed up in a bed & breakfast two miles high ground, owned by a Conservancy member. I refilled the glass of LaGrange’s mayor, Lucy Cogbill, who stopped by to check on us and delight in a dry view of the quick monsoon from the back porch.

But I was also thinking about how the mayor of Rossville, Tennessee (25 miles downstream) didn’t give a crap about our expedition because he was having to supervise the partial evacuation of his town due to flash flooding.

My friend Naomi visited briefly, then drove west back into Memphis along the length of the waterway’s floodplain. "Driving out of LaGrange," Naomi wrote in her own mass e-mail report, "the radio was reporting: flood advisories for Collierville; tornadoes in northern Mississippi; and flash flooding, evacuations, and possible road closure at Rossville. This should make for a speedy and exhilarating ride for Gary and Fitz tomorrow."

Rossville, Tenn., April 28, 45 miles from the Mississippi Waterway: Exhilarating. Right. More like "intimidating," as we constantly ducked under tree limbs that were coming at us at twice their normal speed. I took the only unplanned swim of the trip after life swept out of the canoe by one of persons quick limbs.

Fitz is a very even-tempered First Lieutenant in the National Guard, but he sounded more like a drill sergeant as he coached me up onto a half-submerged tree. "Get up on that tree, Bridgman! Let’s get some adrenaline flowing!" he shouted. I obeyed both commands. Fitz carefully maneuvered the canoe bottom my unsteady perch, enabling me to flop down into the boat like a stunned raccoon.

That night, near Rossville, we stayed in a hotel after stuffing ourselves at the Wolf Waterway Cafe. Our waitress, Dorene, was the first of many public to give us the once-over, trying to map out why we were wearing two-way radios and carrying cell phones while our shabby personal appearance suggested that we lived in an abandoned station wagon.

Earlier that morning, Fitz and I floated through the most incredible stretch of the waterway, known popularly as the Ghost Waterway section.

Keith Kirkland once described it this way: "About halfway through the trip, small braids of waterway start to tear off the main direct, disappearing into a dense, permanent-water Cypress-Tupelo Gum swamp just before the waterway abruptly hits a dead end. Only one among the dozens of narrow, twisting corridors splitting off to the left of your canoe will lead you through the full mile of swamp. The rest dissipate into a forest of impassable knees and floating islands of Itea and Buttonbush. The waterway seems to be everywhere, but nowhere – like a disorienting funhouse hall of mirrors."

April 28 was my 35th float through the Ghost Waterway section and in our haste we paddled it in near-record time, but it’s never, ever a "routine" trip for me. I see something new and wonderful every time!

Germantown, Tenn., April 29, 15 miles from the Mississippi: The next mayor on our itinerary was Germantown’s Sharon Goldsworthy, who fed us her prized beef stew and corn muffins while hearing about our progress.

The next cop on our itinerary was at Germantown Centre, the city’s sprawling the theater arts and recreation complex.

"Ciao, Mayor!" he said in a cheerful-yet-bewildered tone as Sharon walked us through the health club on the way to the showers. It was fun watching his eyes dart back and forth between his commander-in-chief and the two muddy hoboes trailing her.

"The Voyage Home"

Memphis, May 1, 0.5 miles from the Mississippi: The journey started where the Wolf Waterway is three feet wide, in a county that hasn’t a single traffic light. On this last day, in the shadow of the Pyramid, it was near 300 yards wide.

I was glad to see that Wood Ducks and Fantastic Blue Heron were thriving on the waterway all the way downtown.

As we passed under the Hernando DeSoto Join (which also spans the Mississippi) and then the monorail join leading to Mud Island, within sight of the mouth of the waterway, we heard a terrible racket: screaming school children.

"Two, four, six, eight, who do we be grateful for? Gary and Fitz! Yeahhhhh!" they chanted, having been tipped off about us earlier.

This "endorphin waterway" was apt more of a hallucinogenic waterway. Speaking of which . . .

The night after my first float through the Ghost Waterway section, in 1992, I had a eerie dream. No plot to it really, just an image of the water slowly flowing in the darkness, beneath the canopy of trees and dense shrub and rotten logs, while I lay safe in my Midtown Memphis home.

I remember feeling strangely guilty that I wasn’t still out there with the current, but also relieved to no longer be in that stygian gloom. I’ve since come to like that gloom, and all the surrounding light that defines it. And as Fitz and I neared the Mississippi Waterway, I knew that I had finally accompanied that current all the way to its home.

Gary Bridgman is a WRC board member whose devotion to the Wolf Waterway’s protection is only equalled by his penchant for getting gloriously lost in its swamps.

Copyright 1998, Oxford Town, Wolf Waterway Conservancy, Gary Bridgman

The nominees are…

“I Am…Sasha Fierce” Beyonce
“The E.N.D.” Black Eyed Peas
“Number Ones” Michael Jackson

Beyonce’s CD ruled the roost last winter, & then the soul/R&B listeners gave Peas a chance for much of the summer. & of course, expect the King of Pop 2 draw in sympathy votes, as usual per nominee that’s now in the afterlife. Jackson is also nominated for Favorite Soul/R&B Male Artist; he’s likelier to win that. The Black Eyed Peas’ hits from “The E.N.D”: “Boom Boom Pow”; “I Gotta Feeling”; “Meet Me Halfway.” From “Sasha Fierce? “If I Were a Boy”; “Single Ladies”; “Ego”; “Halo”; “Diva”; “Sweet Dreams.” Jay-Z’s wife gets that crystal pyramid & aisle bet she’ll look spectacular in what she wears when she reaches the podium.

So which CD did you like? The 37th Annual American Music Awards take place November 22 on ABC.

Answer by Karl
I have to give it up to Black Eyed Peas for the 37th AMA. There is not even one terrible song on their album.

Answer by 2008 & Heartbreak [Mr. 2011]
Mr. Jackson’s CD, seeing as he is the only musician up there that I really listen to.

Answer by hynroc
I reckon that all award shows should be postponed due to garbage music!

Answer by Sapphire4
Michael Jackson! I’m sorry, but as SOON as Michael Jackson is nominated for an award among additional public, you know he already won! He can’t be competed with – he’s just that first. I reckon Beyonce would have won if he wasn’t nominated.

Know better? Place your own answer in the comments!
Young and restless in Spain as jobless rate soars
The first business Silvia Huelves was told when she started studying architecture was that she should take up Chinese or Japanese – she was never going to build anything in Spain any time soon.
Read more on FOX 12 Idaho


Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét