Thứ Hai, 30 tháng 5, 2011

Q&A: Could I have some feedback on these poems?

Q&A: Could I have some feedback on these poems?

1.If The Earth Fell Into The Sun

If at once the world
Fell into the sun,
And men and maggots, mice and kings,
All became as one.
If the lowest of beings
Joined our ranks,
And the planet shook,
Like a thousand tanks.
If our paintings burned,
Our sculptures crumbled,
The towers fell,
And the Pyramids tumbled.
If the empires collapsed,
The superpowers fell,
If the world were turned in
To a fiery Hell.
If our libraries burned,
Our books turned to ash.
If our recordings of music
Were turned to a mash.
If all our creations,
Were ruined in a day,
And among death,
Humanity lay.
If all we had worked for,
Were ruined in an instant,
And Sun’s fiery horizon appeared in the distance.
If all were ensnared
In that vast yellow glare,
And all were singed,
From their head to their hair-

There’d be no one alive,
To care.

2.Untitled No.1

Thud, thud, heartbeat running.
Footsteps now, someones coming.
Tip tap, rip rap, at the door.
Hide, now hide, there will be more.
Hack, slash, at the wall.
Nothing is nothing, all is all.
Slice, cut, at the arm.
Only you can do you harm.
Open, open, at the door.
Hide, now hide, there will be more.
Pull, pull, on the floor
Look tearfully back on the door.
Crack, crack, the timbers bend.
This will surely be the end.
Crickle, crackle, goes the gun.
You and death shall soon be one.
Thud, the mortars hit the brick.
Your head will be atop a stick.
Falling, falling, is the door.
Hide, now hide, there will be more.
Tip, tap, tip, tap, hear the feet.
You and they, you soon shall meet.
Boom, bam, goes the wall.
Yes my friend, it soon shall fall.
Bend, snap, goes the boards.
You cannot beat away the hordes.
Pitter, patter, goes the plaster.
Death sir, death, is your master.
Snip, snap, snip, snap, goes the wire.
You plead alls fine, you are a liar.
Bam, crash, clip, clap, goes the planks.
Shows over folks, many thanks.
The yeller screams, the weeper cries.
One by one they slowly die.
Gone, gone, is the door.
You cannot hide, there will be more.

3.I Am The Unknown Man

I am the unknown man.

You know nothing of my hopes,
Of my dreams, of my deeds.
Of my wishes, of my wants,
Of my thoughts, of my needs.

I am the unknown man.

You know nothing of my fears,
Of my terrors, of my despises.
Of my mind, of my dejection,
Of my horrors, of my fate.

I am the unknown man.

You know nothing of my skills,
If I were a beggar, if I were lord.
If I were king, if I were killer,
If I were artist, if I beared sword.

I am the unknown man.

I have become the anonymous,
The unknown, the unseen.
The simple, the common,
Lost in the machine.

Here I lie, interred in the ground,
Name forgotten, name not found.
Millions before me,
And millions soon more.

We all,
Are the unknown man.

4.The Order Of Things

In a small village,
In a far off land,
I have travelled,
And I have found

The din of the sound
Of a thousand public,
Complaining, screeching,
Resonating.

The beings chirped,
Chirped like birds,
Not to share thought,
But instead,

To have, to have,
To have the noise!
To fill the void
That is the mind.

Thought was dead,
an ancient relic.
No conversation,
Just noise and static.

But amid the chaos,
A hope arose,
When a man dared
To reckon.

A woman slapped him in the face,
Don’t question stupid questions,
For it is our way!
But why?

A man punched him in the arm,
This is the order of things,
And you question why!
But why?

They formed a riot,
And the public,
Took him to a hillside
As he questioned,

Why? Why? Is it this way?
What are your reasons
For what you say?
And the crowd said,

It is the order,
How it must be!
As it always has been,
And always shall be!

And the man said,
Please listen to me!
Why is it the order?
Why must it be?

No! No! Ours is right!
The society for,
Which we will fight!
But the man said,

Listen! Listen!
To yourselves!
Where is the thought?
Where is your soul?

Our ways are assess!
Who needs soul!
Let there be no exchange,
We are whole!

Why? Why?
Lamented the man,
As the public approached,
Daggers in hand.

On that barren hillside,
Our Philosopher lies.
Tried to save his public,
Now is food for flies.

If I may maybe get some feedback on this poetry it would be much appreciated.

Answer by JG
I don’t know what sort of feedback you are looking for, but I can say that I LOVE them. Yes, they are dark and morbid, but they speak honestly (if painfully) of creature situation and fears. Something all too often not talked about, which is one of the reasons these situation continue to exist.

You uncover and expose these fears and situation very adeptly with concise details, really painting the sorrowful mental pictures you wish to convey and doing an brilliant job with that wording to draw out the deep and strong emotions of the reader…dejection, despair, dread, pain, blankness…yet there is a glimmer of persistence, of yearning to make a difference, to end the cycle of madness.

At least, this is how they unnatural me. I cannot see anyone reading these without unwillingly touching, with understandable discomfort, the darker side of their fears or feeling deep empathy for persons suffering the described situation even if the reader never has. The only way I can see anyone not life deeply scored by your words is if they lack the ability for empathy or the ability to feel…a frightening thought in itself, especially as more and more public are having the ability to feel the suffering of others conditioned out of them.

If you’ve not tried to get these published, please do so. Yours are strong and vivid paintings of painful realities that need to be heard to wake public up…force them to open their eyes and look beyond themselves.

I hope if you do get them published, you’ll email me let me know where I can obtain a printing of the publishing…perhaps autographed? :-)

Give your answer to this question below!

I have 2 older 12″ eclipse 87121.8 car subwoofers. These subs are 600 watts peak single voice coil and “8ohms!?!” ive never seen a car subwoofer that is 8 ohms. I have a 1000watt pyramid amp that these subs are bridged on, so im pushing 2 ohms to each sub. What would some of you suggest to get the best hard striking bass out of these subs.
Well i was thinking about investing in a excellent quality amp, “rockford, mtx, kicker” etc but to be honest are these subs even worth it? i mean they were spendy in there day but there are much better subs out there. As for an enclosure i have them in a slot ported box that the community audio shop recommended for them. They said the cu ft was matched up with the specs on the subs.

Answer by Smashedz
1st business… Get a professionally built enclosure for them if your serious about keeping them, next I would replace that amp, pyramid is horrible quality. Run them at 2 ohm in a enclosure built for them with clean power and that’s pretty much all you can do. Excellent luck

He is assess, go ahead and ignore the 2 ohm part LOL.

Answer by dragon breath
you can not get a 2 ohm load from two 8 ohm subwoofers. you can only get 4 ohms or 16 ohms mono.http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp

Answer by Justin
briged in parallel my freind has this setup

Answer by Christina P
There are a lot of 8ohm subs out there.

http://a248.e.akamai.net/pix.crutchfield.com/ca/learningcenter/car/subwoofer_wiring/2SVC_8-ohm_2ch.jpg

Wire your subs like this and you will have a 4ohm load on your amp.

Perfect for most 2 direct amps.

Hope this helps

Answer by TimF
No, you have 4 ohm. assuming you have the two speakers wired parallel..Back in the day thats the way it was done. Most amps may maybe only do 4 ohm in bridged mode. Why do you reckon your pushing 2 ohm to each sub? That statment has no meaning, I still use two C12 kicker 8 ohm subs. wired parallel for 4 ohm. Conected to a Hifonics vulcon series 7.. From back when Kicker and Hifonics were still made in the USA…What a bring shame on….

What do you reckon? Answer below!
Young and restless in Spain as jobless rate soars
The first business Silvia Huelves was told when she started studying architecture was that she should take up Chinese or Japanese – she was not going to build anything in Spain any time soon.
Read more on KSWO Lawton-Wichita Falls

The crowd was wild in the studio. Full of Energy! Thanks to Joey of Warner and Charice’s management for making this happen for the chasters! :) Sorry if the camera is a bit shaky. I was too excited that I was moving too much. Cant help it!


Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét